ABOUT THE FUNCTION
In Production, the main goal is to achieve budgeted operational KPIs in a safe environment. They oversee all aspects of a company's manufacturing process, including planning, procurement, organizing, and directing workers to ensure that products are being made in a timely and efficient manner.Quality management of fabric and product is an important aspect of this function, ensuring consistency and compliance to standards.
- Manage the global production calendar in direct support to strategic marketing calendar moments and global budget to ensure cooperation of activity across regions and functions.
- Designing end to end processes with central and regional teams for all production projects.
- Managing project risks, including the development of contingency plans across all regions.
- Monitoring overall progress and use of resources, managing performance of suppliers and initiating corrective action where necessary across all regions.
- Adopting and applying appropriate technical and quality strategies and standards, underpinned by sustainability.
- Researching and applying ‘new ways of working’, which are innovative and efficient.
- Build good relationships with manufacturers and suppliers with the aim of ensuring shipments are delivered on time and to budget.
- Maintenance of accurate fabric information in databases
YOUR SKILL SET
- Knowledge of textiles and fabric techniques (I.e. sewing and pressing skills).
- Strong organisation and negotiation skills with an aptitude for budget and a strong attention to detail.
- Experience with large volumes of data entry, ensuring complete detail and accuracy even when working at speed.
- Some understanding of production techniques both 2D and 3D.
- Knowledge and passion for textiles and sustainability.
A TYPICAL CAREER JOURNEY IN PRODUCTION
> Production Assistant > Production Coordinator > Production Manager > Head of Production> Production Director > VP Production / Sourcing & Manufacturing