- Project/ Programme Management: For new initiatives, projects without a natural place in other teams, confidential changes, broader transformations, etc.
- Administrative and executive support: Such as Executive Assistant roles which often provide a platform to gain broad experience of the business.
- Chief of Staff, or similar ‘right-hand’ roles to senior leadership, being able to deal with a wide range of issues.
- IT management and strategy: As IT becomes ever-increasingly essential to all functions across the business, and as regulation (e.g. GDPR) tightens, there are roles for leadership in this space.
- Sustainability: Whilst this is an integral role in other areas such as production, design and legal, brands are increasingly assigning specific roles for the management of carbon, circularity and biodiversity.
- Change Management: Sometimes sitting within HR or Strategy, the CM function harnesses the ability to effectively land change across the e2e process.