ABOUT THE FUNCTION
The finance team is accountable for end-to-end finance planning and strategy, key activities include budgeting & forecasting, keeping accurate records for all daily operations, preparing Financial statements and audit processes, preparing balance sheets, recording accounts payable and accounts receivable.. In addition, they may play a central role in cost saving initiatives or large-scale programmes. They would typically work closely with all leaders of the business, including budget holders and Merchandising.
- Setting the commercial direction of the business in line with strategy.
- Produce budgets, forecasts and financial models for the board of directors.
- Own capex and opex budget expenditure planning alongside business partners.
- Support or lead on investor relations and reporting.
- Identify opportunities and own analysis of revenue streams.
- Provide advice on M&A, fund-raising and financing responsibilities
- Experience working in consumer products, retail/ wholesale finance functions.
- Strong understanding of retail operations, particularly stock accounting and supply chains.
- ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified.
- Experience in working with ERP/ Finance systems
A TYPICAL CAREER JOURNEY IN FINANCE
> Finance Analyst> Finance Manager> Functional Finance Director/ VP> Chief Finance Officer